International Student Information
As of February 2018, Endeavour School has been formally accredited by NZQA to accept International fee-paying students as part of our school community.
International Students will be placed within our Learning Communities across Years 1 to 6, alongside New Zealand students of similar age. We will also provide English as a Second Language (ESOL) teaching in small groups and every International Student will receive 3-4 ESOL lessons during class time each week.
All International Students are fully involved in school life and engaged in activities designed to improve and develop their English Language ability.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school!
Facilities at Endeavour School include:
A modern library, a large "Language Lab” learning centre for ESOL students, two large playgrounds, large playing fields, an astroturf playing court, a sandpit, a wide range of ICT equipment available for classroom use (iPads and ChromeBooks) and a wireless network throughout the whole school.
Extra Curricular features of the school:
- Student Librarians
- House groups and House Leaders
- Student Counsellors
- Peer Mediators
- Kapa Haka
- Music Lessons
- Before/After School Care (run by the YMCA from Endeavour School Hall)
- Various sporting activities and school sports teams
- Lunchtime Gymnastics programme
- Interest groups - Mandarin, Jump Jam, Gardening
- Cultural Celebrations/Festivals each term
- Social Evening / Disco each term
- Mufti Days (non-uniform days) to support community charities
- Inter-school activities and competitions ( Cross-Country, Technology Challenge, ConnectED)
Programmes and Support:
- Individualised assessment to establish English level and develop a learning plan
- English Language Learning support programmes designed by the ELL Director of International Students
- A friendly "International Student Buddy" to support in the Learning Community and playground
- Access to in-class support by a Learning Assistant
- BYOD and school chrome books to enable translation in class
- Leaving Certificate upon completion of study at Endeavour
- Workbook provided (for short stay groups)
- Online access to Google Classroom and Linc-Ed to inform parents/caregivers about learning and student progress
- ICAS exams (International Competitions and Assessments for Schools)
- Language experience visits to local Hamilton community and schools
- Parent information/coffee meetings
- An Orientation tour and booklet providing information about the school and our programmes
Prime Condition of Enrolment
In accordance with the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016, Endeavour School requires that all International Students under 10 years of age live with a parent or legal guardian.
1. Complete the International Student Application for Enrolment form (download below).
For a child entering New Zealand for the first time please submit:
- an Enrolment Form which includes any relevant health or behavioural information about the student
- a photocopy of the student’s passport
- a copy of the student’s birth certificate
- certified school reports, references and certificates from their current school
- Verification of address, accommodation and parents’ details (a birth certificate in English will be required)
- Completed New Zealand Police Vet Checking form
- proof of when and how you plan to leave New Zealand ie: travel tickets out of New Zealand or evidence that you have enough money held in New Zealand in addition to the costs you’ll need for your living expenses
For a child enrolling from another school
To transfer to Endeavour School from another New Zealand school please submit:
- a letter from a parent authorising the transfer.
- a copy of the child’s student visa that states Endeavour School as the provider.
- previous school records such as formal school reports.
- a written letter that states that Endeavour School has permission to contact their previous school (this conforms with the Privacy Act)
2. Send the completed enrolment form and documents as stated above to Endeavour School (email@example.com)
3. On receiving these documents Endeavour School will issue you with an invoice for International Fees.
4. Once the fees have been paid, a receipt and Offer of Placement will be issued. You will then be able to apply for a student visa.
Send a copy of both the student visa and the medical insurance documentation to Endeavour School.
5. Enrolment will be confirmed by email. An introductory appointment will be made for you with the Principal and the International Student Manager on your arrival in Hamilton.
PLEASE NOTE: If your child’s visa status changes from international fee paying to a domestic student during their time at Endeavour School, then the school’s zoning plan takes effect. You will need to live within the school zone for your child to maintain their placement.
Fees and Associated Costs
Long Term Stay -Tuition Fees (payable in advance)
There is a first-time registration fee of $285 and an administration fee of $150, which is non-refundable.
The full fee for tuition for 2018 for students in Year 1-6 is $12,000 including GST for four school terms. This money is payable in advance.
Total fees for a full school year at Endeavour School are $12,435.00 NZD.
The tuition fee includes the following:
- General tuition (using the New Zealand Curriculum)
- ESOL programme (small group ESOL lessons 3-4 times a week)
- Annual school activity fee
Short Term Stay- Tuition fee available on application.
The tuition fee includes the following:
- Daily ESOL programme (with an oral language and Kiwiana focus)
- Weekly Education Outside the Classroom trips
- Limited stationery
Additional Compulsory Costs
There are other additional compulsory costs to cover compulsory activities such as class trips, outdoor education programmes and school camps. These costs will vary according to the year group the student is in. All additional compulsory costs need to be paid prior to the commencement of the school activity.
Students may also choose to take part in extracurricular activities such as joining a sports team or having music lessons. These are not compulsory activities but there will be a cost involved.
Endeavour School has a compulsory school uniform. The purchase of this uniform will be an additional compulsory cost of $492.50. Please see the Uniform page within our website for pictures.
The Endeavour School uniform includes:
- 2 x Polo Shirts
- 2 x Shorts or Skorts
- 1 x Fleece
- 1 x Rain Jacket
- 1 x Track Pants
- 2 x Thermal Long Sleeve tops
- 1 x Sports top
- 1 x Winter Beanie
- 1 x Sun Hat
Links & Downloads
General Information & Conditions of Acceptance
International Student Application with Terms & Conditions & Refund & Fee Policy Protection
International Student Policy
Helpful Information for International Students at Endeavour School
NZQA-Code Summary (Korean)
NZQA-Code Summary (Chinese)
NZQA-Code Summary (Japanese)
Director of International Students
24/7 Contact Person
Mobile: +64 27 650 7327
+64 7 855 5257
+64 7 855 5257
+64 7 855 5257