Endeavour School

General Information

Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016

Endeavour School has been accepted as a signatory and has agreed to observe and be bound by the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016. 

Copies of the Code are available on request from Endeavour School and from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) in a variety of languages:

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers-partners/education-code-of-practice/code-of-practice-resources-languages/ 

or the New Zealand Legislation website: 

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2016/0057/

latest/DLM6748147.html

Eligibility for Health Services

International students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand unless they are:

• A resident or citizen of Australia; or
  • A national of the United Kingdom in New Zealand; or
  • Is the holder of a temporary permit that is valid for two years or more

If you do not belong to one of these categories and you receive medical treatment during your visit, you will be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to public-funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health and can be viewed on their website at http://www.moh.govt.nz

Accident Insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at http://www.acc.co.nz.

Medical and Travel Insurance

International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand. This policy must cover the student for the entire duration of the planned period of study.

Visa Requirements

All students are required to have a current Student Visa (Fee Paying) to be enrolled at Endeavour School as an International Student.  Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service and can be viewed on their website at http://www.immigration.govt.nz.

Conditions of Acceptance

Endeavour School is able to offer placements for a number of International Students preferably a maximum of two per Learning Community. Each enrolment application will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account the school’s existing student demand, class sizes and available resources.

• For the duration of their enrolment, all international students must live with their parents, have a valid student visa and have travel and medical insurance.
  • Students must observe the conditions of their visa. If a student breaks the terms of the visa, Endeavour School has an obligation to report this to the New Zealand Immigration Service.
  • The student and/or parents will provide academic, medical and other information that is relevant to the wellbeing and class placement of the student. All information given prior to the student starting at Endeavour School regarding class placement is provisional. The school reserves the right to adjust placements and individual programmes at any time if it is in the student’s interests to do so.
  • The student will attend the school on all occasions when it is open unless prevented by illness or other urgent cause.
  • Students and parents must abide by the school guidelines regarding behaviour and conduct that apply to all students.
  • Students must observe the laws of New Zealand.
  • Students must have Travel and Medical Insurance.
  • No specified level of English applies.
  • An enrolment form must be completed for every student, and it must be signed by a parent.
  • Students will only be accepted if there is deemed to be space at the year level concerned and at the discretion of the Principal.
  • Parents must inform the school of their address, telephone number and email address (whichever applies) and will advise the school of any changes with these throughout the duration of the study period.

Endeavour School may choose not to enrol an international student who has additional needs if they are unable to provide the support that is deemed necessary for the student by health professionals such as physical or psychological clinicians. This will come down to a decision from Principal and the Board of Trustees.

If a parent wants Endeavour School to enrol their student as an International student with special needs but they do not meet the ASH requirements and are therefore not eligible for ORRS funding then Endeavour School will seek their own professional advice and where necessary refer to the Human Rights Commission to consider.

Student Withdrawal - Student Termination

If a student chooses to withdraw, Endeavour School must be notified in writing by the parents prior to the student’s last day, giving the date of the final day of attendance and the reason for leaving. 

Endeavour School may terminate the agreement in the following circumstances:

• The student ceases to live with his/her parents.
  • False documentation.
  • Fees not paid in advance.
  • Expiry of required immigration status.
  • Breach of school guidelines for behaviour, conduct or attendance.

For any student withdrawal or termination, Endeavour School will notify Immigration Service. The Refund Procedure for International Students shall apply.

Refund Conditions and Procedures

As fees are payable in advance refunds may only be granted at the discretion of the Board of Trustees in exceptional circumstances.

If a student withdraws from his/her course of study, he/she may be eligible for a refund of tuition fees. The following procedures and guidelines would apply:

• Parents must apply in writing to the Principal setting out the special circumstances of the claim within one month of the last day of attendance. A medical certificate must be received by the Board of Trustees if health is the reason for termination of the tuition agreement.
  • If the application is made before the start of the course (one year of schooling), fees will be refunded less the administration and registration charges of $400 NZD.
  • If the application is made after the start of the course, but before the second half of a course, fees will be refunded less:

a) The registration and administration charges of $400.
    b) Costs to the school already incurred for tuition.
    c) Components of the fee already committed for the duration of the course.
    d) The proportion of the Government Levy the school is required to pay.
    e) Any other costs already incurred.

• If the application is made after the second half of a course there will be no refund except under exceptional circumstances. This will be determined by the Board of Trustees
  • If an international fee-paying family gains their residency or a work permit during the course of study, you will be be eligible for free education in New Zealand and will be eligible for a refund of the unused portion of the prepaid fees. Residency or work visa documentation must be provided within 14 days of it being granted.

Endeavour School will make no refund:

• When a student has been stood-down, suspended or excluded.
  • Where a student wishes to transfer to another school.
  • Where a student returns home for any reason other than serious illness or death of a close family member.
  • If the enrolment application is found to be inaccurate in any way and the contract is terminated.

In any dispute regarding the above, the decision of Endeavour School Board of Trustees is final.

Fee Protection

International students have an insurance cover approved by the school. This ensures that the student fees can be refunded if the School becomes unable to deliver courses to International students.  Endeavour School has an ‘open door’ policy for all students and families.

If you have any queries or concerns at any time throughout the duration of your stay, please talk to one of the teachers in the Learning Community or the International Student Manager.

Not currently logged in.