Endeavour School

General Information

Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016

Endeavour School has been accepted as a signatory and has agreed to observe and be bound by the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016. 

Copies of the Code are available on request from Endeavour School and from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) in a variety of languages:

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers-partners/education-code-of-practice/code-of-practice-resources-languages/  

or the New Zealand Legislation website: 

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2016/0057/

latest/DLM6748147.html

Eligibility for Health Services

International students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand unless they are:

• A resident or citizen of Australia; or
  • A national of the United Kingdom in New Zealand; or
  • Is the holder of a temporary permit that is valid for two years or more

If you do not belong to one of these categories and you receive medical treatment during your visit, you will be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to public-funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health and can be viewed on their website at http://www.moh.govt.nz

Accident Insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at http://www.acc.co.nz.

Medical and Travel Insurance

International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand. This policy must cover the student for the entire duration of the planned period of study.  Welcome to Nz - useful information

Visa Requirements

All students are required to have a current Student Visa (Fee Paying) to be enrolled at Endeavour School as an International Student.  Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service and can be viewed on their website at Immigration NZ. Endeavour School cannot provide immigration advice.

Conditions of Acceptance

Endeavour School is able to offer placements for a number of International Students. Each enrolment application will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account the school’s existing student demand, class sizes and available resources.

• For the duration of their enrolment, all international students must live with their parents, have a valid student visa and have travel and medical insurance.
  • Students must observe the conditions of their visa. If a student breaks the terms of their visa, Endeavour School has an obligation to report this to the New Zealand Immigration Service.
  • The student and/or parents will provide academic, medical and other information that is relevant to the wellbeing and class placement of the student. All information given prior to the student starting at Endeavour School regarding class placement is provisional. The school reserves the right to adjust placements and individual programmes at any time if it is in the student’s interests to do so.
  • The student will attend the school on all occasions when it is open unless prevented by illness or other urgent cause.
  • Students and parents must abide by the School Code Of Conduct for International Students regarding behaviour both inside and outside of school hours.
  • Students must observe the laws of New Zealand.
  • Students must have Travel and Medical Insurance.
  • No specified level of English applies.
  • An enrolment form must be completed for every student, and it must be signed by a parent.
  • Students will only be accepted if there is deemed to be space at the year level concerned and at the discretion of the Principal.
  • Parents must inform the school of their address, telephone number and email address (whichever applies) and will advise the school of any changes with these throughout the duration of the study period.

PLEASE NOTE: If your child’s visa status changes from international fee paying to a domestic student during their time at Endeavour School, then the school’s zoning plan takes effect. You will need to live within the school zone for your child to maintain their placement.

Endeavour School may choose not to enrol an international student who has additional needs if they are unable to provide the support that is deemed necessary for the student by health professionals such as physical or psychological clinicians. This will come down to a decision from Principal and the Board of Trustees.

If a parent wants Endeavour School to enrol their student as an International student with special needs but they do not meet the ASH requirements and are therefore not eligible for ORRS funding then Endeavour School will seek their own professional advice and where necessary refer to the Human Rights Commission to consider.

Student Withdrawal - Student Termination

If a student chooses to withdraw before the completion date as stated on their Offer of Place, Endeavour School must be notified in writing by the parents prior to the student’s last day, giving the date of the final day of attendance and the reason for leaving. 

Endeavour School may terminate the agreement in the following circumstances:

• The student ceases to live with his/her parents.
  • False documentation.
  • Fees not paid in advance.
  • Expiry of required immigration status.
  • Breach of school guidelines for behaviour, conduct or attendance.

For any student withdrawal or termination, Endeavour School will notify Immigration Service. The Refund Procedure for International Students shall apply.

Refund Conditions and Procedures

The Fee Refund procedure outlines how the school will manage a refund of International Fees

Withdrawal prior to enrolment - If an International student voluntarily withdraws prior to the start date a refund of fees will be provided less any relevant non-refundable fees 
a) The registration and administration charges of $435.00.
b) Costs to the school already incurred for tuition.
c) Components of the fee already committed for the duration of the course.
d) The proportion of the Government Levy the school is required to pay.
e) Homestay placement fee
e) Any other costs already incurred.

Withdrawal after enrolment -If an international student withdraws after the start date of their enrolment, reasonable written notice of withdrawal is required by the school. A refund will be provided less a minimum of 10 weeks tuition fee and any relevant non-refundable fees as outlined above.

The school failing to provide the course or ceasing to be a signatory or provider - In this event the school will negotiate with the student either a refund of the unused portion of the tuition fee for services not delivered OR transfer the amount of any eligible refund to another provider OR make other arrangements agreed to by the student, their family and the school.

Endeavour School MAY consider a refund when:

A Student changes to a domestic student during enrolment - If an international fee-paying family gains their residency or a work permit during the course of study, you will be eligible for free education in New Zealand and will be eligible for a refund of the unused portion of the prepaid fees;  less a minimum of ten weeks tuition fee and other relevant non refundable fees. Residency or work visa documentation must be provided within 14 days of it being granted.

A student voluntarily transfers to another school signatory - If an international student requests a transfer to another signatory after the start date of their enrolment, reasonable written notice is required by  the school. A refund will be provided less a minimum of ten weeks tuition fee and other relevant non-refundable fees.

A student's enrolment is brought to an end by the school - In the event of a breach of the Contract of Enrolment , the school will consider a refund less a minimum of ten weeks tuition fee, other relevant non refundable fees and any other costs the school has incurred in ending the student's enrolment. In the event of a breach of contract, no refund will be given to students enrolled at school for less than one full term.

In any dispute regarding the above, the decision of Endeavour School Board of Trustees is final.

Fee Protection

International students have an insurance cover approved by the school. This ensures that the student fees can be refunded if the School becomes unable to deliver courses to International students.  Endeavour School has an ‘open door’ policy for all students and families.

If you have any queries or concerns at any time throughout the duration of your stay, please talk to one of the teachers in the Learning Community or the International Student Manager.

8.1 International Student Refund Policy 2019.pdf

Not currently logged in.