Written by School Administration
All school communications and updates regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic will be published here.
Posted on 28 February 2021
Alert Level 2 - 28/2/2021
Greetings to you all
On Saturday evening the Prime Minister announced the nation’s move back into Alert Level 2 on midnight Sunday 28 th February and Alert Level 3 in Auckland. This will require Endeavour School to reinstate its operating procedures for Level 2.
The big learning from the out-break in Auckland is if you feel unwell, get a COVID test and stay home until you have the result. If you, your child or anyone in your family have symptoms please get tested.
As we did two weeks ago Endeavour School will be implementing strict protocols required by the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education. These are:
● enabling good hygiene practices – this means students will be using hand santiser coming in and going out of Learning Communities, (every time). Hand washing will be required as well. Children must also use the appropriate cough and sneeze etiquette. Certain equipment will regularly be sanitised.
● ensuring people with ANY COVID-19 symptoms stay away from school – this means children who are unwell in any way must be kept home. Children who display any symptoms will be isolated and must be picked up immediately.
● maintaining physical distancing where practicable - in schools at Alert Level 2 this means children, young people, and staff maintaining a physical distance so that they are not breathing on or touching each other (there is no minimum distance requirement for schools at Alert Level 2) We will be arranging the furniture in the learning communities to create as much space as possible for the children.
● keeping track of people that enter your school – through our attendance register, timetable and visitor register. Parents should not come on to site, children must walk from the ‘Kiss n Drop’ to their learning community by themselves. Teachers will be available to support this. Parents/Caregivers must wait at the front of school to collect students after school. Please do not visit the office. (Sourced from Ministry of Education)
Under Alert Level 2 parents are able to self-isolate their children if they deem it necessary. You may consider this if your child or someone in contact with your child is immune compromised or at risk. Please let us know if you are planning on keeping your child at home under Alert Level 2 conditions.
● School will be operating as usual 9AM to 3PM – at this stage our school lunch service will be operating.
● Before & After school care will be operating
● At this stage no extra provision for online learning is being made. If the Lockdown extends it will be made available.
● There will be designated pick up zones for each learning community in the afternoons. This process will be the same as two weeks ago. The children managed really well walking in and out of school by themselves.
● We are waiting for advice from most sports organisations to see what competitions will look like and if they are going ahead.
School is a safe for children to physically attend. Maintaining a normal routine is important for the health and wellbeing of your children, and being around their peers and teachers will help them feel in control and reassured. All children should be at school unless they fit the Ministry of Health criteria for self-isolation or they are unwell. If you have any concerns please contact the office.
Please talk to your child and make sure they understand Alert Level 2 operating rules. If you have questions relating to school operations please email the office and we will answer
them for you.
Thank you for your support.
Marcus Freke Karin Adams
Principal Board Chair
No comments have been approved for this blog post yet.