Endeavour School

Important Notice For All - Alert Level 2 at Endeavour School

Greetings Endeavour Families, tena koutou!

Yesterday evening we heard that we are moving to Level 2 from midnight tonight, Tuesday 7th September. Schools will be open for all students on Thursday 9th September.

All staff will be coming into school on Wednesday to prepare for the return of all students on Thursday. For this reason, teachers will not be expected to be online with students on Wednesday.

• The Ministry of Education expects all children to return to school on Thursday, however, if your child is sick we would expect you to keep them home, letting the school know as usual about their absence.

• There will be no online learning offered to students under Level 2 as all teachers will be working face to face with their students at school.

On the wearing of masks at school, it has been recommended that children over the age of 12 yrs wear a mask. For children under 12 yrs it will be a personal choice.

Under Level 2 we ask parents not to come onto the school site.

If for some reason you find it necessary to come onto the school site you will need to sign in at the office, you will not be able to go into the Learning Communities. Please phone the School Office if you require any assistance: 078555257

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP YOUR CHILD BE SUCCESSFUL AT SCHOOL AT LEVEL 2:

1. Please discuss with your child/ren about the designated Gate Number (1, 2 or 3) your family is selecting so that your child/ren know where to meet you EVERYDAY.  They need to tell their teacher. 

2. Teachers will walk the students out to their designated Gate each afternoon at 3.00 pm.

3. Please drop your child/ren off at the Gates around the school in the morning and they will need to walk to their Learning Community themselves. We have Teachers at each Gate supporting children to arrive safely.

4. Remind your child that there is no sharing of food or drink bottles. Send open packets to school for them if they cannot independently open their food.

5. Send your child/ren with a full drink bottle NAMED. Drinking fountains are closed. Refill water stations are available. 

After School Care/ Journey Kids will restart under alert Level 2. The only change is when parents arrive to collect their children they cannot come onto the school site. The Journey Kids staff will support your children to come out to the Kiss and Drop to meet you. Please contact Journey Kids directly for information and advice about how they will operate at Level 2. (027) 286-5097

Again, I want to thank you for your understanding and tolerance during this challenging time. I know that for some of you, you may find these restrictions frustrating but I can assure you that all of us will continue to do our best to make sure your child/ren feel safe so that learning can continue at school!

We will keep you updated about changes and cancellations to planned events in the coming days.

Ngā mihi

Meg Campbell and the Endeavour Team

Not currently logged in.