Endeavour School

Kia ora Endeavour Parents/Caregivers,

We are really looking forward to seeing our students back to school tomorrow morning and we have been on site today preparing our spaces and programmes all ready for a great start.

We want to acknowledge the amazing job that you have done on the home front, as not only parents and caregivers, but also as your child’s educator over the past few weeks.  We just want to thank you for your efforts in managing home, school and work life.  Well done!

At Alert Level 2 our Year 4-6 children are no longer required to wear masks or face coverings. However all students can wear a mask at school should they wish to.

If your child is unable to return to school or you wish to keep your child at home at this time, please contact your child’s Ako teacher via email.  Online learning options will be available for those with medical reasons.

REMEMBER TO SELECT A SCHOOL GATE FOR YOUR FAMILY DAILY DROP OFF AND PICK-UP 

1. Your child/ren needs to be able to tell their teacher which gate they are using.
  2. There will be teachers present each morning to greet your children at the gates.
  3. All 5 and 6 year-olds are not able to leave the school site on their own. Parents, please approach the gate so that a teacher can identify you and release your child into your care.
  4. To avoid congestion at the end of the day, teachers will be bringing students out to the pick-up points shown on the map (refer email).  Parents – 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 be on time, maintaining physical distancing & masks are encouraged. 
  5. Teachers will walk the students out to their designated Gate each afternoon at 3.00 pm.
  6. Our drive through- kiss and drop will be open in the mornings.  This will be closed off with cones in the afternoons, if you need to access the disability car park, please phone the school beforehand.
  7. Children who are biking or scootering to school, need to enter through Gate 3 and must walk their bike or scooter to the bike shed.

Things to check off for return to school:

• A hat for Term 4- Endeavour School hat if possible- but a bucket hat for this week- if you can’t locate your school one
  • A drink bottle is recommended- drinking fountains will be open for student use
  • Ensure that your children have had their hayfever medication administered, where required, each morning- please notify the office if your child requires extra doses during the day and organise to drop off any medication to the office.
  • Sunscreen applied and in bags for any top ups. 

OFFICE INFORMATION:

Our office will be open from this Wednesday, on a one in and one out system.  Please use the front sliding doors and sign in using your contact tracing app and you can sign in on the vistab.  Masks are required and there will be sanitiser available.

Uniform purchases:   Please make all purchases online.  Purchased items can be picked up from the front of the office- these will be in bags and ready  for collection on the front couch- please sign the uniform book on pick up.

Trying on uniform for sizing: Please make an appointment - email reception@endeavour.school.nz

BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE: JOURNEY KIDS 

Before school care begins on Wednesday morning. Parents are able to walk onto the school premises and wait outside the hall for Journey Kids Staff to help you scan your child/ren in and out. 

Please follow Level 2 Covid Protocols such as social distancing and mask wearing.

We would also like to thank everyone for their support, messages and understanding over the last few weeks.

Kind regards,
Tony Mangan & the Endeavour Team

---

亲爱的家长, 大家好。

我们非常期待明天早上就可以看到学生们回到学校了。今天老师们已经为明天的开始做了充分的准备。我们想要感谢各位家长在这个特殊的时期您做出贡献,在过去的几周里,你不只是孩子的家长,更是他们的教育者。

在疫情警戒二级下,4-6年级的学生不再必须佩戴口罩,然而所有的学生都有在学校期间戴口罩的权利。

如果您的孩子不能够回学校,或者您决定暂时把孩子留在家中,请您通过电子邮件联系您孩子的Ako老师。对于一些由于健康或医疗缘故而不能上学的学生,学校将会提供网上教学的内容。

请您记得为您的孩子选择一个接送的大门。

您的孩子需要告知他的老师,他将通过哪号门离开学校

- 每天早上都会有老师在三个大门处欢迎学生

- 5-6岁的学生将不会被允许独自离开学校,请家长在大门附近示意,老师将把您的孩子带到您附近。

- 为了避免放学期间的拥堵,老师们会把学生带到三个大门前。请家长务必按时间接孩子,并保持社交距离,我们也鼓励您在等待期间佩戴口罩。

- 每天下午3点,老师们会把学生送到三个大门前。

- 像之前一样,Kiss and Drop早上将开放,然而下午不会。如果您需要进入到残疾人停车位,请您提前跟学校沟通。

- 骑车和滑板车的学生必须通过3号门进入校园,并且在校园内步行至自行车棚。

回学校需要的几个物品

- 第四学期学生需要一个太阳帽,最好是Endeavour School的帽子,但是如果您暂时找不到学校的帽子,请您至少为孩子准备一个渔夫帽。

- 请问孩子准备一个写了名字的水瓶

- 如果您的孩子有花粉过敏,请您在早上上学前确保孩子已经吃了药(或其他治疗方式),如果学生在校期间需要补充任何药物,请您联系办公室。

- 请为孩子涂好防晒霜,并为他们准备一个在校补充的防晒霜放在书包里。

学校办公室将从周三开始开放。如果您需要去办公室处理事宜,请从前面的自动门出入,并扫描二维码。请您佩戴口罩,并且确保每次只有一位家长在办公室内。我们也将会有免洗消毒液提供。

购买校服:请您通过网站上的School shop购买校服。已购买的校服将会被打包好,在办公室前方的沙发附近等待您领取。请您在领取的同时在“uniform book”上签名。

如果您的孩子需要试穿校服,请您跟办公室的工作人员预约,联系方式如下:reception@endeavour.school.nz

Before and After School Care

Journey Kids将从周三开始重新开放。家长可以进入校园,并在Hall的外面等候Journey Kids的员工注册您的孩子。

请您时刻遵守2级的规定,特别是关于保持社交距离和佩戴口罩。

我们想要再一次感谢各位在这个特殊时期的支持和理解。

祝安好。

Tony Mangan & the Endeavour Team

---

COVID- 19 UPDATE  - 27th October 2021

Dear Parents/Whānau,

Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding during these challenging times. 

As you are most probably aware the NZ Government announced that Hamilton, and Waikato will continue to be at Level 3 for five more days. This means we will continue operating our current bubbles at school and online learning at home.   

Under Level 3 people are still expected to work from home where you can.  We are only allowed to be open for students who are unable to stay at home because both parents are required to work (or if there is no other person in your immediate or extended “bubble” who can supervise them during the day). This has worked well and we will continue to operate what we have already set up for this week for those students who are registered to attend. 

Please note that all students must be registered to be able to attend under Alert Level 3.

There are very strict guidelines from the Ministries of Health and Education that we have to follow, and we must keep our numbers as low as possible.  Any staff onsite this week will have also had a recent negative Covid-19 test. 

Ngā mihi

Tony Mangan

Acting Principal

Endeavour School.

------

COVID- 19 UPDATE - Friday the 22nd of October, 2021

Dear Parents/Whānau, 

Thank you for your ongoing support. I hope as we go into this long weekend we can all get to spend some quality time with family, even if it is still at home. 

Yesterday the NZ Government announced that Hamilton, and Waikato will continue to be at Level 3 until next Wednesday the 27th of October. This most probably means that online learning will continue until the end of next week, as MOE guidelines are that if we move back to alert level 2 schools will be given 2 days to prepare for the return of all pupils. (Obviously this will depend on Wednesday's announcement). 

This means those students registered to attend school under the alert level 3 guidelines will continue to attend next week. Thank you to all parents for your cooperation around these guidelines. 

Please note that all students must be registered to be able to attend under Alert Level 3. 

There are very strict guidelines from the Ministries of Health and Education that we have to follow, and we must keep our numbers as low as possible. 

Now that Alert Level 3 has been extended to Wednesday, as mentioned, distance learning options will continue to be available. If you want some advice around online teaching in literacy/numeracy don’t hesitate in contacting your child’s online teacher. Remember though that Monday (Labour Day) is a holiday so distance learning will not be available. 

Finally I would just like to acknowledge the positive feedback staff are receiving around the learning/ communication. I understand that this is a challenging time for many but it is great to see that you still have time to share your gratitude. 

Ngā mihi 

Tony Mangan 

Acting Principal

------

COVID- 19 UPDATE - 18/10/2021

Dear Parents/Whānau, 

As you are most probably aware the NZ Government announced that Hamilton, and Waikato will continue to be at Level 3 for four more days. Unfortunately this means at this stage we will not be reopening for all students till Tuesday 26th October. 

Under Level 3 people are still expected to work from home where you can. We are only allowed to be open for students who are unable to stay at home because both parents are required to work (or if there is no other person in your immediate or extended “bubble” who can supervise them during the day). This has worked well and we will continue to operate what we have already set up for this week for those students who are registered to attend. 

Please note that all students must be registered to be able to attend under Alert Level 3. 

There are very strict guidelines from the Ministries of Health and Education that we have to follow, and we must keep our numbers as low as possible. Any staff onsite this week will have also had a recent negative Covid-19 test. 

Now that Alert Level 3 has been extended to the end of the week general distance learning options will be available from Tuesday 18th October through team websites (a link to this site will be sent to you). Specific Student online learning and activities will be available from Wednesday 20th October. Ako teachers will be offering a zoom session with their students before the end of the week. 

Ngā mihi 

Tony Mangan 

Acting Principal 

------

Dear Parents/Whānau, 

I hope that you have been able to enjoy the last two weeks of break with your children. 

Yesterday the NZ Government announced that Hamilton, and Waikato will continue to be at Level 3 for four more days. Unfortunately this means we will not be reopening for all students on Monday 18th October as usual. On Monday Endeavour School will be under Level Three conditions. 

Under Level 3 people are still expected to work from home where you can. We are only allowed to be open for students who are unable to stay at home because both parents are required to work (or if there is no other person in your immediate or extended “bubble” who can supervise them during the day). 

There are very strict guidelines from the Ministries of Health and Education that we have to follow, and we must keep our numbers as low as possible. Any staff onsite on Monday will have also had a recent Covid-19 test. 

We have emailed those families that required Level 3 Schooling last term. If your work circumstances have changed, please fill in the attached Google Form, by the 12pm Friday 15th October. 

If your child/ren are unable to stay at home because both parents are required to go to work (or if there is no other person in their immediate or extended “bubble” who can supervise them during the day). Please help us to plan for our small onsite Learning Bubbles which will begin on Monday 18th October by filling in this google form by Friday 15th October by midday. 

Alert Level Three Google Form

Because at this stage Alert Level 3 is for Monday only, distance learning options will not be available on Monday 18th October. Student online learning and activities will be emailed out from Wednesday 20th October, should Alert Levels remain the same. (Hopefully all students will be able to return under Alert Level 2 conditions before the end of next week) 

Ngā mihi 

Tony Mangan 

Acting Principal 

Endeavour School.

Not currently logged in.